Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Laughing at children's pain

From February 2008, Josh shares his thoughts on why he wasn't ready to be a father yet.  Sadly, we would still laugh if we saw this event again - scary, since we are about to become parents.

Current mood:ashamed
While commenting about the unsafe manner in which a family of three on bicycles turned in front of us, we came to the sad realization that we are still not ready to have kids. As the mom figure of this happy little parade weaved across traffic, I joked that I could get her but before I could finish that sinister thought it happened. Junior somehow hit a curb at roughly 3 1/2 mph and fell straight sideways into the street. And as this kid bounced on the pavement we broke out into a ruckus laughter that, in retrospect, seemed wholly inappropriate. So even though I have overcome the compulsion to laugh at every kid wearing a helmet, it seems that I have not reached the maturity level necessary to safely rear my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment